Are you a pie or cake person? I’m totally and 100% all about the pie, but not always about all the work it takes to make one. So you can imagine my excitement when I found this recipe for these mini cherry tarts. Not only are these mini-cherry tarts delicious but they’re also super easy to make! Plus, you get all the taste of cherry pie with only a fraction of the calories. Here’s how to get started on your mini-tarts:
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- pinch salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (20-oz) can cherry pie filling
- whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together butter, cream cheese, flour, and salt until it comes together in a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Then, divide each half into half again. You should have 4 pieces of dough. Divide each of these pieces into thirds so you have 12 pieces of dough.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray, then place a dough ball in each muffin tin.
- Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of each muffin tin.
- Divide cherry pie filling evenly between crusts.
- Bake tarts for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Let tarts cool, then served topped with whipped cream. Enjoy!
These mini cherry tarts are perfect for Valentine’s Day picnic, a school party, or to enjoy all by yourself. What are some of your favorite Valentine’s Day desserts? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe via Hello Little Home.