Every year when Valentine’s day rolls around, I’m always on the lookout for the best dessert recipes. Whether it’s for my hubby, for my kids, or for our neighbors, On February 1st, I’m on it! Valentine’s day desserts are not only super fun to make but they’re also a great way to get ready for whatever is coming your way on February 14th. This fudge recipe is super quick and easy but incredibly delicious, too. Here’s how to get started:
- 2 1/2 cups Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup salted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2-3 tbs sprinkles to garnish, optional
- Line just the bottom of a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, pour in cake mix, confectioner’s sugar, milk and butter pieces. Resist the urge to stir, no need to. Microwave for two minutes.
- Remove from microwave and immediately begin stirring until all of the butter is melted. Fold in white chocolate chips while the mixture is still warm so you get the marble effect when they melt slightly.
- Spoon fudge mixture into prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. If using sprinkles, add them quickly and press down slightly so they adhere to the fudge. Cover with plastic wrap and let it set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting it up.
After four easy steps, you’re all set to enjoy a sweet treat! You can even add sprinkles before chilling the fudge to make them even more fun and festive. Even if you’re not a huge fan of red velvet, try switching the cake mix out for your favorite flavor. What are some of your favorite Valentine’s day desserts? Leave your comments below!