Do you ever remember being in school and creating the perfect Valentine for your crush? I sure do! I remember it like it was yesterday. Valentine’s Day is such a special day for our little ones and creating a Valentine’s Day craft is such a creative way for them to express themselves. So if you’re looking for a new and exciting Valentine’s Day craft for your kiddos, we’ve got you covered. These DIY fortune cookie valentines! They are pretty easy and so much fun to make! Here’s how to get started:
- colored/patterned paper for the fortune cookie
- white paper strips for the fortunes
- glue stick
- colorful pens
- Trace a circle on a piece of paper and cut it out. 4-5 inches across is a good size.
- Dab a bit of glue inside the top edge of the circle. Match the bottom edge up with it, and pinch until the two pieces stick together. Do not press a crease along the centerfold.
- Insert your paper fortune now before you fold up your cookie.
- To fold your fortune cookie, continue holding the glued edge with one hand. With the other hand, hold the ends of the fortune cookie with your thumb and middle finger.
- Press your forefinger into the center of the cookie.
- As you press in, use your other hand to guide the back edge into a fold that kind of “hugs” the cookie as it folds.
- Once folded, if your cookie is a little lopsided, slide your fingers into the cookie, and rub gently to even things out.
- Dab a bit of glue into the fold and pinch your fortune cookie together until it holds.
And that’s it! What are some of your favorite Valentine’s Day crafts? Let us know in the comments below!
Tutorial via Happy Hooligans.