Can you imagine a dessert so wonderful – a delicious combination of perfect flavors, beautiful textures, and makes you feel like you belong in a fall-themed commercial? If you’re nodding to yourself and wondering where such a recipe has been all your life: I’m here to make your day. Introducing, the apple butter pumpkin pie. A beautiful marriage of everything you look forward to during the holiday season, this is a family favorite, especially during Thanksgiving. Here’s how to get started:
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin (pumpkin puree)
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for one-crust filled pie.
- In a large bowl combine pie filling ingredients in order given (from pumpkin to evaporated milk)
- Streusel topping: Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in the butter until crumbly. Stir in chopped pecans. Set aside.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pie pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted two inches from center comes out clean.
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle streusel over pie filling .
- Return pie to the oven, cover crust with foil, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
This apple butter pumpkin pie is everything you’ve ever wanted in a dessert and more. What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving dessert recipes? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe via Tidy Mom.