I’m not going to lie, finding ways to keep my kiddos entertained is becoming harder and harder to do these days. As the summer comes to an end and my kiddos start thinking about school again, they tend to act out and become even more energetic. But when all else fails, I know a really good summer craft will never let me down. One thing kiddos love to do is a craft, especially when it’s something they can use for a few days after! These rainbow blowers are my favorite summer craft because there’s a minimal mess and my kiddos have fun for days after the craft is finished. Here’s how to get started on yours:
- Cardboard Tubes
- Acrylic Paint
- Tissue Paper
- UHU Glue or a Glue Gun
- Start your rainbow blowers by painting the cardboard tubes blue. I suggest using acrylic paint because it gives good coverage. When our blue paint dries, add some white clouds.
- To make the gorgeous rainbow streamers, cut strips of colorful tissue paper. Strips should be about 1 x 12 inches.
- Then, lay the tissue paper around the outside of the cardboard tube in the order you want them and start to stick them on, one at a time. You can use a glue gun or a faster adhesive if you’re in a hurry.
- With a slight overlap, you should be able to get all out 7 rainbow colors glued inside the cardboard tube.
- And that’s it! Your rainbow blowers are ready to go!
What are some of your favorite summer craft ideas? Let us know in the comments below!
Tutorial via Kids Craft Room.