- Construction Paper
- Various Sizes – Googly Eyes
- Cut long strips of paper to fit your child’s head. If you don’t have strips long enough you can glue two pieces together.
- Next, cut enough long thin strips, eight in total.
- Get ready to fold. Start by stacking two pieces, one on top of the other.
- Next, go ahead and start doing the fold and flip. You can model this for your kiddos if you want first.
- Then lay down your headband piece and leave a blank space in the middle so you can see. Add four dots of glue on one side and four dots of glue on the other side before attaching all eight legs.
- Next, fold the paper over in half and seal it with glue. This helps the legs stay attached and increases the spider hat durability a bit.
- While waiting for the legs to dry, pick out four big eyes and four small eyes.
- Then flip over headbands and glue on all eight eyes, and again wait for the glue to dry.
- Finally, staple your headbands together and put them on.
These DIY spider headbands almost make me want to call a spider cute – almost! What are some of your favorite spooky crafts? Let us know in the comments below!
Tutorial via Fantastic Fun and Learning.