If you’re new around here, you should know we love a good craft. Especially right around the holidays! It’s a great way to keep our kiddos busy and have a memory to look at when they’re all grown up and in college. So when I came across these DIY bat corner bookmarks, I knew I had to give them a try. I loved them so much I had to share them! These bookmarks are simple, easy, fun, and super cute! Here’s how to get started:
- black origami paper
- black paper (preferably construction paper)
- wiggle eyes stickers
- white paper
- Fold the origami paper diagonally on both sides.
- Fold into a triangle (colored side on the outside).
- Hold the top of the triangle and fold it towards the bottom of the triangle (to the center). Crease well.
- Hold the left corner and fold it towards the bottom center of the triangle.
- Do the same with the other corner. Crease well.
- Unfold both ends.
- Grab hold of the left corner and fold it towards the top of the triangle. Crease.
- Do the same with the other corner. Tuck in the left “flap” into the pocket.
- Do the same with the other.
- Glue two wiggle eyes stickers to the soon to be bat corner bookmark. Cut two wings out of black construction paper. Cut two fangs out of white paper. Glue them onto your bookmark.
- Your bat corner bookmarks are ready to take a bite at your favorite books.
My kiddos loved making these DIY bat corner bookmarks and I don’t think I can blame them. What are some of your favorite spooky crafts to get you ready for Halloween? Let us know in the comments below!
Tutorial via Easy Peasy and Fun.