With as many holidays as we have throughout the years, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are just a little extra special. So often our parents celebrate us and try to do everything they can to make us feel special, so there’s no doubt that they deserve to feel special, too! What better way to make them beam this Mother’s day than with these DIY flower cards? We’ve got an awesome tutorial that will help make this Mother’s day the best one yet! Here’s how to get started:
- Regular size and mini size cupcake liners
- 5-inch by 7-inch blank cards
- green crayon (we also used green cardstock paper)
- tacky glue
- glue stick
- Happy Mother’s Day Stamp
- stamp pad
- Start by stamping your Happy Mother’s Day stamp onto the bottom right corner of your blank card. We used both white ink and black ink but you can use any color you like.
- Next glue a regular size cupcake liner onto the card with your glue stick. I left the edges unglued so they popped off the card some.
- Take another regular sized cupcake liner, fold it in half and trim it down a bit. You can make the edge curvy, or make slits along the edge around the liner. However, you want to customize your flower. Then glue it down on top of your other cupcake liner.
- Layer your flower one more time by gluing a mini cupcake liner on top.
- Glue a few brightly colored buttons in the center of your flower.
- Finish your flower card by drawing a stem on your flower with your green crayon. We made a few variations of the stem. You could also use green cardstock paper for the stem, or green buttons.
What are some of your favorite ways to celebrate Mother’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!
Tutorial via I Heart Crafty Things.