Just Between Friends Franchise Systems Inc., was named to Forbes Magazine’s list of “Top Ten Franchises to Buy in 2016”.
I am still smiling after receiving the news that my company, Just Between Friends Franchise Systems Inc., was named to Forbes Magazine’s list of “Top Ten Franchises to Buy in 2016”. This is the third straight year we have made the list. And while I love to win prizes as much as anyone, this one makes me smile because it tells me we are doing something right and more importantly is evidence how much my franchisees are successful. Yes, it may be a cliché to say “there is no “I” in team” but it is a cliché because it is true. This award belongs to my 150-plus franchisees, their team members, volunteers, consignors and our shoppers. JBF is and always has been a success because of the community of people who participate.
Forbes Magazine worked with a group called Fran Data which analyzed data of more than 3300 franchises. They then chose the top ten franchises in three different categories, based on how much it costs to buy the franchise. Since we are a low-cost company, we were in the first category and made it into the top ten for the third year in a row. Fran Data analyzed five key areas:
1. System Sustainability
2. System Demand
3. Franchisor Support
4. Franchisor Stability
5. Value for Investment
But there are five areas where I also believe JBF shines, thanks to our franchisees, our shoppers, consignors and team members.
1. Turn Clutter Into Cash – JBF helps families turn their clutter into cash, earning money that can help their family
2. Save money – JBF allows families to save money on items they need for their families – typically 50 – 90%. Our JBF events also allow low-income families to “shop with dignity” for their children.
3. Helping the environment – JBF promotes recycling through reselling and sustainability.
4. Giving Back – Since 2004, Just Between Friends Franchisees have donated more than 16.5 million in in-kind and cash donations, thanks mostly to the generosity of our consignors and shoppers looked at the following criteria when choosing the top 10 franchises
5. Promoting safety – JBF has a recall specialist on staff and we work year-round to keep families informed about recalls and other potential dangers. In addition, we inspect items at our events to ensure they are not on the recall list.
So I share this award with all of you! Thank you for supporting JBF. I look forward to working hard to make sure we make it “Four in a Row”.
Shannon Wilburn is the CEO & Co-founder of Just Between Friends Franchise Systems, Inc. (JBF), North America’s leading children’s & maternity consignment event. JBF has 150 franchises in 28 states and Canada. JBF is actively seeking franchisees throughout North America. Click here to learn more about owning a franchise.