There’s nothing as sweet as a good slice of banana bread on a cold February morning! I remember my mom teaching me how to bake banana bread when I was really young. Whether we baked it for holidays, Sunday brunch, or just because we wanted to, It’s one of my absolute favorite memories. Banana bread is loved by so many and I completely understand why. It’s delicious, light, and super easy to make, too! Here’s how to get started on your first batch of homemade banana bread.
1 cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
2. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Next, In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
7. Spread slices with honey or serve with ice cream.
And that’s all it takes to make my favorite banana bread! You can always spice up a piece of banana bread with some cream cheese, greek yogurt, or even some mixed nuts. What’s your favorite thing to eat with homemade banana bread? Let us know in the comments below!