Are you a big cheesecake fan? If you know me well, you know I definitely, 100% am. And this recipe is what I’ve been missing all my life. Creamy cheesecake, peppermint, and richly delicious chocolate? Yes, please! This Chocolate peppermint cheesecake is what dreams are made of. While it’s not the easiest dessert we’ve ever made, it just may be the most delicious. Here’s how to get started on your cheesecake:
- Oreo Crust
- 24 Oreo Cookies wafers & filling
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
- 20 oz full-fat cream cheese softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 oz dark chocolate melted & cooled slightly
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1-2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 large eggs
- 6 oz dark chocolate* chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- crushed candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil so that the bottom and sides are fully covered. Wrap at least 3 times so that no edges are showing.
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and blitz until the cookies are fine crumbs.
- Add in the melted butter and blitz until combined.
- Press the cookies into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan to form the crust. Place in the freezer as you make the filling.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the melted chocolate, being sure to turn off the mixer and scrape off the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
- Beat in the sour cream and peppermint extract.
- Mix in the eggs 1 at a time until the batter is just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the crust and smooth the top.
- Place the cheesecake crust in the middle roasting dish (the outside still wrapped in foil). Pour about 1/2 inch of water into the roasting pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the top looks just set and it still has a slight wobble in the middle if you give the pan a gentle nudge.
- Cool at room temperature first. Once the water in the pan is room temperature, remove the cheesecake from the roasting pan, cover the top and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces (if you’re not using chocolate chips) and place it in a heatproof bowl.
- Add the cream to a small saucepan and over low-medium heat. Bring the cream to a simmer.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the corn syrup.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and unclamp the outer ring of your springform pan.
- Pour the ganache over the top of the cheesecake, smoothing the top as needed.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over top.
- Optionally top each piece with whipped cream before serving.
Cheesecakes aren’t easy but this chocolate peppermint cheesecake is so worth it. What are some of your favorite indulgent desserts? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe via Just So Tasty.