The fourth is upon us and if you’re looking for ways to keep your kiddo busy, we’re here to save the day! When I saw this tutorial for some DIY bubble wands, I couldn’t wait to try it. Your kiddos are going to have so much fun making these patriotic bubble wands, they’ll want to make them all year long! Here’s how to get started on your DIY patriotic bubble wands.
- red, white and blue pipe cleaners
- red, white (or clear) and blue beads
- small star cookie cutter
- shallow dish
- bubble solution
- Begin by setting out your pipe cleaners, colorful beads, and a small star cookie cutter on a table.
- To make a DIY bubble wand, wrap a pipe cleaner around your small star cookie cutter leaving a little excess pipe cleaner at the start of the cookie cutter. When you reach the end of the cookie cutter wrap the excess around to close the star shape. The rest of the pipe cleaner becomes your bubble wand handle.
- Fill your bubble wand handles with your colorful red, white and blue beads. When you reach the end of the pipe cleaner handle, bend the end of the pipe cleaner up and scrunch it up into a ball to keep the beads in place.
- If you notice the star shape didn’t keep very well after kids add beads onto their wand (especially the little ones), simply place the wand back into the star cookie cutter shape again to help mold it back into place.
Last but definitely not least, don’t forget to have a blast blowing bubbles all day long! What are some of your favorite fourth of July crafts? Let us know in the comments below!
Tutorial via I Heart Crafty Things.