Now that Halloween is over, we get to move on to the next holiday – Thanksgiving! In some houses, family activities are a HUGE part of Thanksgiving and Christmas. However, It’s not always easy to find something everyone wants to do, but crafts always seem to be a hit during holidays. Before you run straight to Pinterest to find a million ideas (or a billion), we’ve got a perfect suggestion that’s not only super fun but will earn a place on your table! It’s simple enough for the kids can make them on their own, or the whole family can join in. You can personalize the sizes and colors, and most importantly there’s barely any post-cleaning involved. Here are all the deets on how to make your very own mini wooden turkey!
- Mini Wood Slices
- Glitter Washi Tape in Red, White, Gold, and Orange
- Googly Eyes
- Florist Wire
- Orange Cardstock
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cut a strip of glitter washi tape 4-5 inches long. Then, cut a 3-4 inch piece of florist wire and place in the center of the tape, about halfway up.
- Fold the tape down on itself so that the wire is in between both sides of the tape. Next, cut the washi tape into the shape of a feather and make slits along all of the edges.
- Attach two googly eyes to the wooden turkey using the hot glue gun. Then, cut a small triangle from your cardstock and glue it to the wooden turkey.
- Attach the feathers to the back side of the wooden turkey using the hot glue gun.
- Finally, using the hot glue gun, glue a smaller piece of wood to the back of the wooden turkey, to cover up the glue and florist wire used to assemble the feathers.
And you’re all done! In just 5 steps, you’ll have an adorable little wooden turkey, perfect for your dinner table. These wooden turkeys are perfect place card holders, napkin rings, or a cute addition to a centerpiece. The possibilities are endless and there will be nothing but smiles around the table. What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving crafts? Leave your comments below!