Do you ever wish you could take certain moments and just stick them in a jar? With the 2019 school year starting back up, I can’t help but feel nostalgic with all the memories my kiddos are making but scared they won’t be able to remember them in a few years. So what better way to “bottle up” this time of year than with a back to school time capsule? It’s a great way for them to see how much has changed in the past year and think about what they have to look forward to for the next year. Here’s how to get started:
- Time capsule printable label
- Mason jar (or clear container)
- Yellow confetti
- Colored construction paper
- Glue dots
- Best Day List Q&A filled out
- Photos of child with Best Day List photo props
- First day of school mementos (like the Best Day List lunch box notes)
1. Trace your child’s hand on a piece of colored construction paper and cut it out. Have your child write their name and their grade on the handprint.
2. Have your child stand up against a wall and use the string to measure your child’s height. Cut off the string the same length as your child. Bundle it together neatly and secure it with a piece of ribbon.
3. Print out the back-to-school time capsule label and cut it out. Gather your Best Day List Q&A, child photos and first day of school mementos.
4. Fold the Best Day List Q&A in half and then roll it up to fit inside the mason jar. Place it down inside the jar.
5. Now place the handprint, Best Day List photos, Best Day List lunch notes (or other mementos) and the bundled string inside the mason jar.
6. Pour confetti inside the mason jar and around the inside edge of the jar. Close the jar and use glue dots to adhere to the back-to-school time capsule label on the front of the jar. Now tie a bow around the top lip of the jar with ribbon.
And in a few simple steps, you’re all done! What are some of your favorite back to school crafts? Let us know in the comments below!
Tutorial via I Heart Crafty Things.