Finding quick, easy, and delicious weeknight dinner recipes is a tough task. If you’re blessed with a picky eater, that makes the job that much harder. So what do you do when you’re in a pinch and need dinner ASAP? Baked chicken alfredo! This recipe is packed with yummy cheese, pasta, and baked chicken. What more can you ask for? Here’s how to get started on your baked chicken alfredo:
- 16 ounces penne rigata pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- salt (to taste)
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare pasta per package directions, to the al dente stage. (Pasta will cook further in the oven, so do not overcook.)
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan or dutch oven on stovetop over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, cream, pepper and 1 cup of the parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and melt the cheese.
- Allow sauce to simmer for 8-10 minutes until thickened, stirring frequently to avoid burning or scorching. Once thickened, remove from heat.
- Add in mozzarella and cream cheese and stir to combine and allow the cheese to melt. Add salt to taste (if needed).
- Drain pasta then place back in the pot. Add in sauce and diced chicken to pasta and stir to combine.
- Pour pasta and sauce mixture into a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes until top begins to brown slightly and sauce is bubbly. Remove from oven, garnish with parsley (if desired) and serve.