When you think of Christmas, what to do you think of? Christmas trees, toy train sets, or cookies for Santa? When I think of Christmas I think of hot chocolate, seriously good food, and of course, the notorious Christmas tree. But this tree is nothing like your regular Christmas tree and we think you’re going to love it! These cheesy pull-apart Christmas trees are a perfect appetizer or main course and will leave all of your guests wanting more of it. Here’s how to get started on one of our favorite Christmas dinner favorites!
- 1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough
- Egg wash (1 egg whisked with 1 tbsp water)
- 7 mozzarella sticks
- 1/4 c. melted butter1/2 c. finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. Thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- Marinara, warmed (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut mozzarella sticks into 1” pieces and set aside.
- On a floured surface, divide pizza dough into two pieces. Stretch and roll each piece of dough into a long rectangle, then cut dough into 2” squares (you’ll need 33 total).
- Wrap a dough square around each piece of mozzarella, forming a tightly sealed ball. Place balls seam-side down on the baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree (they should be touching). Brush egg wash on dough balls and bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together melted butter, Parmesan and herbs. Brush on baked pizza balls. Serve warm with marinara for dipping.
This is a top contender on our list of Christmas dinner favorites. What are some of the menu items you look forward to every Christmas? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe via Delish.