In our house, we absolutely love holiday crafts. And a craft that we really love? Snow globes! Store-bought snow globes make for really good souvenirs but I think it’s so cool to be able to make your own. Last year we tried the DIY snow globes and we absolutely loved them. We loved them so much, we’re giving it another try with a fun spin! These DIY waterless snow globes mean there’s barely any mess but 100% of the fun. Here’s how to get started:
- Glass jars (varying sizes look best for a collection)
- Artificial Snow
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Assorted mini Christmas Trees and mini snowmen
- Spray Adhesive
- Krylon Glitter Blast (or white spray paint)
- Start by removing the lids and paint them with the spray paint. I used the Krylon Glitter Blast in silver, but white would work just as well.
- Next, and this is totally optional (step not shown) – I sprayed the trees and snowmen with spray adhesive then sprinkled with glitter for a little extra sparkle.
- Now you are ready to hot glue your trees and snowmen to the lids (I also glued the canning lids together).
- Now for the fun part! It’s time to add the snow. First, fill the jars with just a little snow. You don’t need much, you don’t want the snow to bury your snowmen or trees. Just add enough snow to cover the bottom of the jar.
- Next, it’s time to put it all together!! Since your trees and snowmen are glued to the lid, you can now pick up the lids and screw them back on to the jar.
- Turn them over and you’re good to go!
These DIY waterless snow globes make great gifts for teachers, friends, or just to keep around the house! What are some of your favorite Christmas crafts to do with your family? Let us know in the comments below!
Tutorial via Tidy Mom.