Holidays are special occasions for so many reasons, but especially because you get to eat so many things you don’t get any other day of the year. Like ham and all of its special, delicious, and unique glazes. And I doubt there’s a glaze quite as unique as this one! This honey bourbon-glazed ham recipe is something unlike anything else: smoky, sweet, and super savory! It will quickly become a family favorite.
- 1 (9 1/4-lb.) fully cooked, bone-in ham
- 40 whole cloves
- 1½cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup Creole mustard
- 1/3 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove skin from ham, and trim the fat to 1/4-inch thickness. Make shallow cuts in fat 1 inch apart in a diamond pattern; insert cloves in centers of diamonds. Place ham in an aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Stir together brown sugar and next 4 ingredients; spoon over ham.
- Bake at 350° on lowest oven rack 2 hours and 30 minutes, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. Shield ham with foil after 1 hour to prevent excessive browning. Remove ham from oven, and let stand 30 minutes.
- Honey-Bourbon Boneless Glazed Ham: Substitute 1 (4-lb.) smoked, fully cooked boneless ham for bone-in. Reduce cloves to 3 (do not insert into ham). Stir together brown sugar mixture as directed in Step 2; stir in cloves. Place ham in a foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan. Pour sauce over ham. Bake as directed, reducing bake time to 1 hour and basting every 30 minutes. Makes 10 servings. Hands-on time: 10 min.; Total time: 1 hr., 10 min.
This honey bourbon-glazed ham will take your Christmas dinner to a whole new level – it’s that good! What are some of your favorite Christmas dinner recipes? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe via My Recipes.